Short Description: When creating an SSIS dataflow moving data from a flat file directly to an OLE DB destination, the OLE DB destination throws a code page inconsistency error.
Problem: An OLE DB destination that is fed by a Flat File Source which is in turn fed by a Flat File connection throws an error "Error 2 Validation error. Stage Sent Data: Stage Sent Data: The column "MyColumn" cannot be processed because more than one code page (65001 and 1252) are specified for it." SQL server is by default Code Page 1252, and Unicode is 65001 for a text file. if you don't put the output columns through a Data Conversion transform before they get to the OLE DB destination, they will fail with this error.
Work Around: I say work around because changing the Code page of the flat file connection does not actually result in the Code page staying saved, but it does result in the OLE DB destination accepting the input.
To Work Around:
- Open the Flat File Connection, and change the Code Page from '65001 (UTF-8)' to '1252 (ANSI - Latin I)'
- Click OK to save
- Open the OLE DB Destination which is showing the error.
- Close the OLE DB Destination which is showing the error.
- The OLE DB Destination should now, now longer show the error.
- For kicks, look at the Flat File Connection, and see that the Code Page is back to '65001 (UTF-8)'